Domestic Violence Specialist-I Certification Brain Change Course (Online-Web-based video)Regular price $199.00
- Endorsed by the National Anger Management Association (NAMA)
- Domestic Violence Training Online Video (5 hours 57 min.)
- Download access for Presentation Slides and Handouts
- Brain Change Curriculum for Domestic Violence (Leader) Second Edition – PDF download
- 60 minute Phone Session of NAMA Authorized Supervision required for Certification – $110 supervision fee not included
PROVIDES COMPLETE TRAINING FOR THE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SPECIALIST-I CERTIFICATION (CDVS-I) FROM THE NATIONAL ANGER MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (NAMA) http://namass.org
The CDVS-I credential is for providing Domestic Violence Education services ONLY – The CDVS-II credential is for providing Domestic Violence Treatment services (for CDVS-II credential information contact Dr Ron Potter-Efron at firstname.lastname@example.org)
*IMPORTANT: The CDVS-I, II credential from the National Anger Management Association (NAMA) does not guarantee you will be recognized as a domestic violence provider by your state or geographic jurisdiction. You may be required to complete further training; for example, a 40 hour training provided by in-state agencies and/or internships or paid service time at existing facilities. IMPORTANT: check with your local area for requirements.
Domestic Violence Specialist-I Certification (CDVS-I) DVD distance learning Course Instructions:
Step 1 – Brain Change Curriculum for Domestic Violence (download PDF) – Read and Study this Curriculum leaders manual prior to viewing the Domestic Violence Specialist-I Certification Training Course Video.
Step 2 – View and study the Domestic Violence Training Course. (Course Instructions access) (5 hours 56.43 min) – You may download the Slides of Video Presentation and the Presentation Handouts. It is helpful to take notes and follow Slides and Handouts as you study the video training.
Step 3 – Complete the NAMA CDVS-I Basic Content Quiz (included in course packet) – Fax or email the completed Basic Content Quiz to the NAMA office 646-390-1571. You will receive an email in a few days with the Quiz results. Once you have received word that you have PASSED proceed to Step 4…
Step 4 – Contact Dr. Ron Potter-Efron at email@example.com to schedule your 60 minute Phone Supervision Session ($100 fee not included in course tuition).
Step 5 – Complete the NAMA CDVS-I Application (included in course packet) with $125 NAMA application fee and fax to the NAMA office at 646-390-1571. Mailing a check to the NAMA office will take considerably longer.
Course Support Contact – Dr. Ron Potter-Efron at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 13 , 26, 52 Session ‘Brain Change’ Domestic Violence Education Program
- Session by session descriptions
- Individual Brain Change Plan
- Negative Effects of Domestic Violence on Self
- Log Book and Homework
- Change How You Think
- Behavioral Interventions to Eliminate Domestic Violence
- Stress Management Skills
- Creating a Safe and Positive Couple and Family Environment
- Dealing with resentment and hate
- Fair Fighting
- Oppositionality and cooperation
- Values Clarification
- Jealousy and relationship insecurity
- Positive Parenting
- Taking 100% responsibility
- Attachment styles/Trust
- Sex, intimacy and sexual abuse
- Anger styles
- Selfishness, selflessness, and mutual caring
- Emotional Intelligence
- Saying “No” to mutual escalation
- HALT: hungry, anxious, lonely, tired
- Respect: Partner’s bill of rights
- The Arts of negotiation and compromise
- Much More
Authors and Presenters
Ronald T. Potter-Efron, MSW, PhD, is a clinical psychotherapist who specializes in domestic violence, anger management, and the treatment of addictions. He is a Distinguished Diplomate of the National Anger Management Association (NAMA) and the author of many books including “Angry All the Time” and the “Handbook of Anger Management and Domestic Violence Offender Treatment”.
Patricia S. Potter-Efron, MS, is a clinical psychotherapist, domestic violence group facilitator, and co-author of numerous books including “Letting Go of Shame”. She is a Distinguished Diplomate of the National Anger Management Association (NAMA) and a Certified Anger Management Specialist-V (CAMS-V) and Certified Domestic Violence Specialist- V (CDVS-V).